Thursday, October 27, 2011

One small Victory at a Time

Given that my last couple of posts have been on the sober (as in grave, not un-imbibed) side, I want to start a new series about the little victories I am given throughout my time here. Success is not always achieved in giant, spectacular leaps, but often one small victory at a time.

Here are a few just from the last couple of days:
  • Soothing a baby to sleep (he had the hiccups so I just held him and patted his back. I didn't know he would fall asleep!)
  • Getting home quickly after 11pm and not getting too scared on the shortcut road
  • Seeing a remarkable change of attitude in one of my students (before he would gripe and have a sour face whenever I gave him a warning for talking in class. Now he asks really good questions!)
  • Leading worship without feeling embarrassed
  • Making this with Christina: 
 Apple cinnamon bread! =) From one of my favorite food bloggers, Joy the Baker. She calls it coffee cake, but I think it's more like bread. Still yummy! =)

What have your small victories been from this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment