Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 lookback


Somewhere in my mind, it sounded like a good idea to try to write a post titled "what 24 taught me." But when it really came down to it, I just had to laugh at myself for thinking that I have fully learned any of these things and that I am now a master at anything. I like what Kelle says in her birthday post: you're always still learning.

If I could mark a theme for this year, though, in spite of the lessons left partially learned, I would simply title it "Opening," in reference to the work God is doing in my own heart. There is freedom to be found in the opening up oneself to others that is otherwise unknown in the heart of one that remains closed. It applies to people I barely knew, people I used to know, and people I don't yet know.

Along those lines, had a lovely year connecting and reconnecting with people we are privileged to cross paths with or walk alongside.

The best and newest addition to the family this year!
Breakfast Club
Tainan day trip


DC tour
 


New friends on exchange from Germany and Denmark






Although 2014 seems unclear with manifold uncertainties, I am trusting Him who always has and always will provide.

Praise, my soul, the King of heaven, 
To His feet thy tribute bring;  
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,  
Evermore His praises sing;   
Alleluia! Alleluia!  Praise the everlasting King.    

Frail as summer’s flower we flourish; 
Blows the wind and it is gone; 
But, while mortals rise and perish, 
God endures unchanging on; 
Alleluia! Alleluia! Praise the high Eternal One.
Angels in the height, adore Him;  
Ye behold Him face to face;  
Saints triumphant, bow before Him, 
Gathered in from every race; 
Alleluia! Alleluia! Praise with us the God of grace.
 
Bless the Lord, O my soul 
And all within me, praise Him!
Bless the Lord, O my soul! 
Redeemed by His grace, 
In the Savior’s embrace, 
My soul will bless His name!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment