Wednesday, September 28, 2011

the end of the beginning

Before I got to Taiwan, someone asked if I would keep a blog while here. I said that was a good idea, but somehow when I landed on the island and was swept up into this new life, the thought of blogging was worrisome, and even if I had good content to share, I seem to have lost the ability to put words together well, so it wouldn't turn out good anyway.

Tonight, though, as I was stir-frying beansprouts and carrots in our house's new wok, I was filled with such warmth and joy over how beautifully the carrots colored the oil and how lovely the new wok was. I wanted to share the joy so much that I wanted to blog about it. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there is so much else to share. And I started to get excited because I have a camera now (although borrowed) so I can put up pictures and it can be like a legit blog, not the doubt-riddled blog-wannabes that I have previously kept.

So I started this blog.

Welcome :)

20090316_IMG_0165

photo credit--sunrise over Taiwanese mountains


People often ask me why I came here from America. The question is put simply, but there are many hidden questions behind it--Why did you leave your perfectly good and comfortable life there? Why did you want to come back? Why did you willingly separate from your fiance and go into ultra-long distance?
The simple question deserves a simple answer. I always say, "I came here for the experience."

Now, one month+ into it, many things are definitely not what I imagined it to be. It is so much MORE than what I could have imagined! Each day brings small victories, and each day I thank God for bringing me here, for allowing me to experience Him in the realities of life in ways that I never would have experienced elsewhere.

So, simple or not, my answer is 100% true. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Can't wait to read your inspirational posts!!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete